Thursday, March 18, 2010

i heart clementine

I have recently gotten really into freezer paper stenciling. It is really easy and the results are amazing. Here are a couple that I have made in the past. The patterns came from stencilry.org. They have a really large gallery of stencils for personal use.
007
I wanted to make a fun shirt for my cousin Gabriela. It’s her freshman year in college and I like to send her sporadic packages. For her spring break she is going to see our niece, Clementine,  in her first preschool performance. I decided to make a “i heart Clementine” shirt with a heart and clementine orange shape instead of words. This is the first stencil pattern that I have come up with completely on my own. I know that it’s just an oval for the clementine but I drew out that oval 10 times before I was satisfied with the size and shape. I also found some inspiration in the i heart milk pants by dana at Made. I just got my sewing machine back from it’s tune up and I’ve been looking for any excuse to use it. The heart was made by a reverse applique. The “i” and the clementine shape were made with freezer paper stencils and then I added a felt stem and embroidered some french knots for the dimples in the clementine.
008I really like the way that it came out. the Clementine is adorable. Though I know everyone that doesn’t know Clementine is going to be “I love oranges?” She can just say what a great source of vitamin C they are.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment